Civil Rights Violations
The U.S. Constitution guarantees every person certain freedoms and rights. These are known as civil rights. When these rights are taken without due process of law by a government employee, a civil rights violation may have occurred. Our Denver based law firm has particular experience in representing patients in the State hospital system and/or their family members. Civil rights violations we have seen in that context include:
- Forced medications that cause serious personal injury or wrongful death
- Repeated refusal to supervise and monitor patients with serious medical needs, causing personal injury or wrongful death
- Refusal to allow family members to participate in patients’ care and treatment
- Failure to provide required legal representation
- Allowing patients to harm themselves, resulting in personal injury or wrongful death
Pursuing a civil rights violation against a government employee is often fraught with difficulty and complexity. When these civil rights violations do occur, they are extremely serious and we believe that your voice must be heard. If you believe that your civil rights have been violated or that the civil rights of your loved one have been violated, the lawyers here are happy to discuss what options you might have.
If you feel you have been the victim of a Civil Rights Violation, please contact us today at (303) 894-0383.